Before Endodontic Treatment
- The most important thing to remember prior to your appointment is to relax! Although “root canal” can be an anxiety-provoking term, remember that the procedure is not all that different from having a filling or a crown. This procedure will be performed using local anesthesia so you won’t feel a thing. There are usually no restrictions after the procedure concerning driving or returning to work. A doctor is available for consultation at all times should a problem arise after your treatment.
- If it is your first time at our office, please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to complete new patient information forms and review any insurance issues.
- Continue taking all prescription medications that you normally take, unless directed otherwise by your physician. If there is a question, please call our office prior to your appointment.
- Have something to eat before your appointment whether it is breakfast, lunch or a snack.
If you have been advised by your physician or dentist to premeditate with an antibiotic prior to dental procedures for a condition such as prosthetic heart valves or prosthetic joints, please remember to do so as directed. If there is a question, please call our office prior to your appointment.
- In some cases, additional medications can be administered prior to and during treatment to help with dental anxiety. Usually this will require that you have someone drive you to and from the appointment. If you have any questions or would like additional information about this, please call our office prior to your appointment.